From spectacular pools and spa bathrooms to amazng amenities, these local listings will wow and offer the ultimate escape for resort living—right at home.
1967 S. Shore Drive in Holland, Mich., is a stunning example of sumptuous lakeside living.
1967 S. SHORE DRIVE, HOLLAND, MICH.
• With six bedrooms, nine baths and a palatial 12,500 square feet, this stunningly renovated retreat with gated entrance sits on Lake Macatawa in one of western Michigan’s most desirable burgs and is priced at $4.25 million.
Lake Macatawa is just steps from the inviting back porch.
“1967 S. SHORE DRIVE IS ONE OF THE MOST—IF NOT THE MOST— UNIQUE PROPERTIES I’VE SEEN HIT THE MARKET. THE HOME BREATHES ART ITSELF AND POSSESSES AN ALLURE THAT DRAWS YOUR ATTENTION TO APPRECIATE EACH MINUSCULE DETAIL.” –CHAD VAN HORN
• Talk about attention to detail: Mike Schaap Builders didn’t miss a thing, from Northeastern-inspired exterior details with bluestone patios and ipe dock to fine trimwork and rich Brazilian mahogany flooring and more (there’s even a hidden anteroom ideal for private collectibles).
The home's elegant winding staircase
• The chef’s kitchen offers the ultimate in culinary tech, from Thermador range, cooking and warming drawers to Sub-Zero refrigerator and freezer, Fisher & Paykel dish drawers and Gaggenau multifunction ovens.
6736 SAUGATUCK BEACH ROAD, SAUGATUCK, MICH.
6736 Saugatuck Beach Road redefines dining with a view.
• Priced at $4.25 million, this new-construction sixbed, six-bath (all en suite) fantasy home boasts direct Lake Michigan views over the Saugatuck Inlet and 150 feet of private river frontage, all in the coveted Northshore of Saugatuck gated community.
• Set on a 1.5-acre lot, the 5,800-square-foot property offers Hamptons-inspired architecture including an oversize custom wood entry door and natural cedar shake siding and 12-foot ceilings.
• In addition to a fully decked-out gourmet kitchen with wine fridge, double dishwashers, double oven and covered grilling porch, the home has an inviting plunge pool with stunning channel and lake views and auto cover, all sheltered by a smart pergola.
15123 HAWTHORNE LANE, LAKESIDE, MICH.
15123 Hawthorne Lane has a kitchen worthy of the most luxe of primary residences.
• This gorgeous home in one of southwest Michigan’s hottest second-home destinations is a five-bed, five-bath stunner located just a short walk from the beach and on offer for $2.45 million.
• Outdoor cooking aficionados will appreciate the three-season porch, which offers a built-in wood-burning pizza oven, 42-inch custom grill with hood and refrigerator perfect for outdoor cooking.
• The backyard is a dream: An in-ground pool features waterfall and fire bowls; a recently constructed pool house has a kitchenette, bathroom, wood-burning fireplace and 85-inch television; and a hot tub and fire pit beckon.
906 MONROE BLVD., SOUTH HAVEN, MICH.
906 Monroe Blvd.'s spacious back porch is fit for a crowd.
• Custom built by Mike Schaap Builders, this $4.75 million lakefront home on 100 feet of shoreline in lovely South Haven is a five-bed, 4 ½-bath oasis that comes in at just under 4,500 square feet—with an extra buildable lot included.
• The luxe living room is sure to be the center of the action, decked as it is with a stunning wood-burning fireplace with floor-to-ceiling windows offering views of Lake Michigan.
• The primary suite has serious appeal with a lakeside balcony and an indulgent steam shower.
639 SUL LAGO, BENTON HARBOR, MICH.
639 Sul Lago offers breathtaking Lake Michigan vistas.
• For $5.9 million, you can be the proud owner of this dramatic, sleekly modern 8,000-square-foot, five-bed, 6 ½-bath new construction home in highly desirable Benton Harbor.
• Floor-to-ceiling windows let the outside in on all four levels, while heated marble floors and a custom glass staircase and glass elevator amp up the luxe factor.
Contemporary furnishings add a dose of glam.
"THIS HOME IS DESIGNED FOR THE FAST AND FURIOUS: ENTERTAINING, DISPLAYING EXOTIC CARS AND ENJOYING THE LAKE MICHIGAN LIFESTYLE.” –JACKSON MATSON
• An absolutely stunning chef’s kitchen impresses with 2021 JennAir and Sub-Zero appliances and white quartz countertops, while a lower-level home theater boasts the latest in audiovisual technology.
7332 NE SHAFER DRIVE, MONTICELLO, IND.
The main house at 7332 NE Shafer Drive is ideal for family gatherings.
• Expansive doesn’t begin to describe this sprawling 132-acre estate in northwest Indiana, which boasts several residences including a main house, two guesthouses, two boat houses and more and is listed at $4.5 million.
• Three thousand linear feet of water frontage on the scenic Tippecanoe River with a beach, two piers, a sand volleyball court and a playground make this perfect for outdoorsy activities.
• A fully functioning barn has six-plus horse stalls, a tack room and an attached apartment overlooking two large horse pastures.
N8008 STATE ROUTE 12, ELKHORN, WIS.
This former Boy Scout camp in Elkhorn opens up a world of possibilities.
• A former Boy Scout camp, this 55-acre property has been converted into a six-bed, three-bath, 6,000-square-foot log dream home, complete with 2,400 feet of frontage on 145- acre Pleasant Lake and is priced at $3.75 million.
• The interiors are filled with character, from the soaring timber ceilings to the two massive fieldstone fireplaces in the living areas.
• A striking screened-in porch overlooks a tennis court and an expansive lawn that leads to the waterfront, which beckons with a private pier and a verdant setting for outdoor activities.
12 RIDGE DRIVE, DUNE ACRES, IND.
12 Ridge Drive makes for sophisticated cabin living at Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore.
• Fancy a national park in your backyard? That’s what you get with this three-bed, 5 ½-bath, 5,800-square-foot beauty set in a dune top 450 feet from the beach at Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore, all for $2.5 million.
• Jaw-dropping Lake Michigan views are just the start at this contemporary lodge-style home; other luxe amenities include a bunk-style sleeping porch, and an adjacent coach house with a full bath, more sleeping space and a two-car garage.
• Gathering spaces abound, from the living room with vaulted ceilings, stone fireplace and wall of windows to the inviting dining room and screened-in porch.
Photography by: FROM TOP: PHOTOS BY THE HOME AESTHETIC; PHOTO BY: NEXT DOOR PHOTO LAKESHORE; PHOTO BY: VHT PHOTOGRAPHY; PHOTO COURTESY OF @PROPERTIES CHRISTIE'S INTERNATIONAL REAL ESTATE; PHOTOS COURTESY OF @PROPERTIES CHRISTIE'S INTERNATIONAL REAL ESTATE; PHOTO: BY VIS-HOMES; PHOTO: COURTESY OF @PROPERTIES CHRISTIE'S INTERNATIONAL REAL ESTATE; PHOTO BY VHT PHOTOGRAPHY